5.04.2009

A Beautiful Weekend

As summer gets closer and closer, I realize just how busy we're going to be. Both Shane and I will be working full time along with a few nights on Shane's part. Nora will be going with me to work full time as well. On top of that, most weekends are booked or will become booked as the season gets closer. I'm trying to savor the empty spaces we have on our calendar now because I know I'll miss them in the coming months. This weekend was one of those- just a big empty space. Of course, we easily filled it up, but it was with activities we could do as a family. A trip to the beach on Saturday was first on our list.
On Sunday we took a hike in Camden with friends. The cliffs we visited were beautiful, but definitely not child friendly. Nora stayed in the backpack until we were on safer ground.

Later that evening we headed over to the house of our hiking buddies for our first cook out of the year. We grilled, listened to music, explored the woods, played ball and toasted tofu dogs and marshmallows over the fire. (Okay, Nora, Kalen and I were the only ones eating the tofu dogs, but we loved them.)Can you tell that the flash was a little too bright for Nora? Thankfully, she can still see.
Towards the end of the night I decided to play with the camera a little. I had see something similar to this on another photographer's website and really wanted to try it out.
Next time I try it I'll hopefully have a less cranky little girl so that I can spend more time playing, but for the first time, it was pretty fun! Enjoy your week, everyone!

4 comments:

Ashleigh Garrett Long said...

that is awesome! does the last one spell "CAIT?"

Tara Barker said...

We love the pics of, as Kalen calls it, "waving fire!"

Caitlyn said...

Yup, Ash. I was playing around. Next time when I have more time I want to try to make longer words.

Ashleigh Garrett Long said...

that is awesome....i really think you gotta do this photo gig full time...and while you're doing that and making millions, i can be a f/t nanny for that bundle of cuteness!