2.25.2008

Winter in Maine


Welcome to the new blog, everyone. I'm going to attempt to update this a few times a week with new posts and pictures of Nora for everyone who doesn't live in or around the area. Enjoy!

These days Nora and I (well, just me, actually) are busy fighting off a case of the winter blahs. It's February, it's cold, and it's dark. Fortunately, the days are already beginning to lengthen, giving us the little bit of hope we need to make it through March (yuck!) and eventually April (yay!).
Most of our days are spent indoors. On the rare occasion that we do make it out, Nora is bundled to within an inch of her life, then somehow I manage to strap her into the ergo and we're off. Once outside, we always enjoy ourselves. In fact, I often come inside thinking, "why don't we do this more often?" Really, it's the motivation I'm lacking. Poor Nora, stuck in a house all winter with her lazy mom! We manage, though, and we always find things to occupy ourselves. I've taken up sewing, and if my machine is ever returned from the service center, I may begin turning out some nice projects. Nora has really started moving around, and seems very close to crawling. She hitches herself everywhere and can now pull herself up onto her knees against the laundry basket. Honestly, it seems like just a few weeks ago that we were constantly rocking/bouncing/carrying her around to calm her...

3 comments:

Ashleigh Garrett Long said...

hmmm, i think i may need to move there soon-this blog is wonderful and all, but just not good enough.
i have seperation anxiety even after seeing her 3 times:)

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! Her Dad was napless also! Grandma loves you Nora!

Anonymous said...

This is neat. I'll be sure to keep reading. That picture of nora is really cute too! =]