11.27.2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

(Sunrise on Thanksgiving, photo by Shane)
Hello everyone, and happy Thanksgiving! We are visiting my parents now and then we're off to the restaurant my brother runs for a big dinner. We'll be spending the day there eating great food, playing bocce and board games and watching 'A Christmas Story', a tradition Shane couldn't live without. We've been trying to get Nora to say 'Thanksgiving', but so far all she has figured out is 'pumpkin pie' and 'apple pie'. Oh well, that will do for now. We have a month to teach her 'Merry Christmas!' Last week we had a bit of a rough night when Nora came down with either the flu or a bout of food poisoning. She woke up around 10:30pm and proceeded to throw up about eighteen times. (No joke.) We finally all fell asleep around 2:30am, after several changes of clothes and used up towels. Thankfully, she was fine the next morning, but Shane just had to snap a shot of how sad and pathetic she looked in the middle of the night. She was squirming around (her stomach must have really hurt) and she wouldn't stay on her bed, poor thing.
Well, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and enjoys themselves. We are lucky enough to get to go to two Thanksgivings this year- one with my family and one with Shane's on Friday. Wahoo! I'll let you know all about it once I roll myself home!

No comments: