8.31.2009

From Our Week

Last week quite a few crafting projects were finished, mostly by Shane. I came home from work one day to find the sewing area that I had been dreaming about for the past couple months come to life, complete with a new (lovingly used) sewing table!
The custom thread holder made by Shane for me.Tara got this for me months ago, and I finally found a great place for it!This skirt was my practice project. It has since been thrown in the rag bag, but it was a good project to remind me of all the ins and outs of the sewing machine.
And finally, the piece de resistance! Shane found this great bureau at the local Salvation Army. He brought it home and painted it to match Nora's room. It works perfectly, and Nora really loves putting things away.
Finally, a parting shot of a messy-faced girl. She had just eaten about seven cherry tomatoes from the local farm stand, and the aftermath is all over her face. Have a great week, everyone, and happy September tomorrow!

4 comments:

Ashleigh Garrett Long said...

ahhhh...love this post...so, if shane weren't my brother, i'd contemplate dating him from that post alone...that dresser is so cool. the last pic of norabear looks like your mom, cait! see you all in november!!

tiffany said...

r room is so cute!

Rachael Dunton said...

I can't wait to see your place again. You guys are very talented!

Donlyn + Phil said...

I have the same table ... I LOVE it!! Let me know if you need any help with any of your sewing projects!