4.14.2008

Well, it's about time!

Finally, finally, I'm getting around to putting together a post! We have been house-sitting and haven't exactly been sticking to our routine, but thankfully little Nora fell asleep on the couch beside me. Here at the house we have wireless internet and satellite television! I feel so spoiled, but I think it will be a good thing when we go back home this weekend. I have been watching just a tad too much TBS and TLC. We're also dog-sitting here, and have two extra dogs to play with. Badge and Leah absolutely love their walks in the woods, and I have to admit, I have really enjoyed walking outside everyday with them, and Barkley, of course. It's much easier to get going when I have these two chomping at the bit to get outside for a run.
Time Out: Let me pause for just a moment to brag about my amazing parenting/juggling skills. Nora started to squirm on the couch just now, so I had to put the computer down to pick her up and soothe her back to sleep. Of course, as soon as I had done that I realized I wasn't going to be able to put her back down without waking her up. I carefully packed the laptop in the diaper bag, slung it over my shoulder, turned off the television, turned off all the lights, put the gate up and closed the door for the dogs, came upstairs, took out my contacts, brushed my teeth, went to the bathroom and got into bed, all while holding Nora, who stayed asleep the entire time. Dang, I'm handy. I knew I went to college for a reason.
I think I can finally stop rambling and finish this post, though, and we all know that's what you want. So, here goes.
We spent a little time at Nanny and Grampy's house last week, where Nora received her monthly bath (But I kid. Or do I?) and a filling snack of bathwater and puffed rice. And we wonder why the kid is such a string bean.
We visited with Grandma and Grandpa during the week, and Nora took control of her personal hygiene and started bathing in the dishwasher. (This time I'm really kidding. No, really, I am.)
Over the weekend we headed back to Nanny and Grampy's house to visit with friends and family from near and far and to celebrate my birthday. Shane, being such the caring, thoughtful and wonderful husband he is, picked up this beautiful masterpiece. It made me feel so special.
That, folks, was our week in a nutshell. I hope yours was just as enjoyable. Stay tuned, we'll be posting a lot more often now that I'm back in the swing of things. (Of course, knowing you're expecting a post is a little bit of a motivator, too.) Au revoir!


3 comments:

Ashleigh Garrett Long said...

wow-lots of "l-o-l-ing" in that post...im so glad nora has realized she needs to take control of bathing...shane and i dont really do that, so she must get it from you:) and the cake-wow...that beats my 1200 whole foods gift cards and a chick book...damn.

Tara Barker said...

[Trying to type in my smallest, you-can-barely-hear-me voice . . . typo, Caitlyn, typo!]

I wish we had woods close by to walk in! Then both Kalen AND Sage could run, instead of Kalen having to be strolled while we trek across the sidewalks!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the laugh i needed that....i think you could publish these posts in a book...you could make a lot of money